HOW TO TREAT AN EYE INFECTION? LEARN safe & effective home remedies for CURING EYE INFECTION SYMPTOMS.
Eye infections can be caused by bacteria, fungi, viruses and parasites. Eye infections differ in severity depending on the part of the eye that is affected.
Some common eye infections affecting all age groups are:
1. Conjunctivitis – the inner eyelid membrane is infected
2. Blepharitis – eyelid infection
3. Keratitis – cornea
4. Vitritis – the vitreous liquid inside the eye
5. Chorioretinitis – retina and blood vessels associated with it and
6. Neuroretinitis – infection of the optic nerve.
Eye Infections Symptoms:
Eye infections can be very painful! An infection of the eye can manifest as redness, itching, pain, irritation, sensitivity to light and sensation of foreign particles in the eyes. Other symptoms include tears and discharge from the eyes. Infection of the eyes can only be determined by what is causes it. The most common among eye infections is conjunctivitis which makes the eyes turn blood rd and also causes itching. This type of infection is contagious.
Let us look at some of the eye infection symptoms listed below for a better understanding:
1. Redness: A common symptom of an eye infection is redness which is sometimes accompanied by itching in both eyes. If you notice such signs, then you must act immediately in order to avoid further complications.
2. Discharge: Eyes that are infected can cause some kind of discharge that is watery or even sticky. Once this happens, it is time to visit your doctor to analyze the cause.
3. Eye lid crusting: This is another symptom which tells you that you may be having an eye infection. The eye lids develop a crusty layer that rubs against the eye and causes redness and a sore feeling.
4. Swollen eyes: Whenever you feel that your eyes have begun to swell, then you must understand that is some underlining infection of the eyes which has to be evaluated.
Causes eye infections:-
1. Ocular histoplasmosis syndrome: histoplasmosis is usually a fungal infection of lungs. It might over the years migrate to the retina in the eye and cause decay in the retinal tissue thereby leading to impaired vision. Sexually transmitted infections like Chlamydia and gonorrohea can also cause eye infections due to rubbing of eyes after handling the genital areas. Chlamydia can cause conjunctivitis but is not very serious, gonorrohea however can lead to damage to inner layers of the eyes. Herpes simplex virus can also infect the eyes like Chlamydia and lead to severe corneal damage causing blindness.
2. Shingles: These are sores present on the skin during a chickenpox infection. When the eye is touched after coming in contact with a sore then the infection can lead to ocular infection.
Eye Infection Treatment – Home Remedies That Works Effectively
You can treat eye infections with natural home remedies. Feel free to read our suggested list of home remedies that you can use to treat eye infection from your home.
Home Remedy 1:
Take equal quantity of honey and water. Boil the water and mix the honey in it. Once it is cooled, apply the mixture with a clean cloth or cotton balls to the affected areas. This can be considered as one of the best eye infection home remedies that you all must try out in order to get relief.
Home Remedy 2:
Take a cup of water and bring it to boil. Add a spoon full of flaxseeds (alsi) and stir the contents for 10-15 minutes and then drain the excess water. Now, pull out all the contents in a piece of clean cloth and apply directly to the eyes. Repeat the process 2-3 times in a day to get relief from the pain.
Home Remedy 3:
Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 cup of water. Stir it well, and then use it to wash your eyes for 2-3 times a day. This is an excellent sore eyes treatment that will help you soothe the eyes.
Now I’m sure you all are well versed with how to cure an eye infection! Wait no more and go ahead with these amazing home remedies! After all your eyes are a mirror that reflect the world.
Other Natural Home Remedies Treatments From Our Channel:
How To Get Rid Of Red Eyes Naturally –
How To Get Rid Of Pink Eye Fast –
How To Get Rid Of Eye Stye Naturally –
Home Remedies For Dry Eye Treatments –
Natural Home Remedies For Treating Eye Floaters –
Home Remedies For Under Eye Wrinkles –
For more videos on Natural Home Remedies, subscribe to
For more videos subscribe @