Please watch: “17 Foods That Will Clean Your Arteries Naturally And Protect You From Heart Attacks”
7 home remedies for dry scalp.￼
You’ve dressed in a black dress or suit for a formal occasion and taken extra time styling your hair and doing your make-up only to look down and see a dusting of snow on your shoulders. Unfortunately, it’s not snow. You have dandruff and the whole world now knows.
Dandruff is actually very common, affecting roughly 50 percent of the population. Truthfully, dandruff is not connected to your hygiene, like many people think. No one knows the exact cause of it, but several home remedies for fighting it do exist. Check out the 7 below and see which ones actually work.
1. Tea tree oil.￼ According to the Mayo Clinic, tea tree oil seems to show some effectiveness in treating dandruff. You should test yourself ahead of time to see if you are allergic to the oil, but if you’re not, you can make your own dandruff shampoo. Livestrong.com recommends adding 10 drops off tea tree oil to every 8 ounces of shampoo. This allows you to use your favorite shampoo and turn it into a great dandruff fighter at the same time.￼
2. Olive oil. ￼A temporary fix recommended by WebMD is applying olive oil to the scalp. Use it sparingly so you don’t get greasy-looking hair. After the oil has been there an hour, use a boar bristle brush to gently brush your scalp, loosening and removing the dandruff.￼
3. Lemons. ￼Lemon juice is another temporary fix that will work according to Head & Shoulders. Unfortunately, it won’t permanently fix the problem, but it can be a great short-term remedy. Reader’s Digest says to work 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp daily and then rinse it out with 1 tablespoon lemon juice diluted in 1 cup of water. Once your dandruff is gone, you can quit.￼
4. Aloe vera gel.￼ WebMD says that aloe vera gel shows evidence of possibly treating the underlying cause of dandruff. You can daily rub the gel directly into the scalp until the dandruff is gone.￼
5. Sunlight. ￼Although you constantly hear that getting sun is bad for you, Medical News Today shares that getting sunlight on your scalp may be all you need to help reduce or remove dandruff altogether. One of the causes of dandruff is the body’s inability to slough off the dead skin cells fast enough. Sunlight seems to help with the process. Don’t overexpose your skin so that you burn, but a little bit of sun is good.￼
6. Meditation. ￼Another simple solution that many may not think of is mentioned by the Mayo Clinic. Stress actually compounds the dandruff problem. Finding ways to manage or reduce your stress will help you fight the issue. Take up deep breathing, Yoga or meditation.￼
7. Beer. ￼A new fad in the home remedy arena for treating dandruff is rinsing your hair with beer. Head & Shoulders states that a beer rinse does nothing for taking care of dandruff. A beer rinse is good for your hair if you want to give it shine or volume, according to FOX News; but to get rid of dandruff, you’ll want to go a different route.￼
Before you grab a beer and dump it over your head, consider going to the beach with a good book instead. Taking the time to relax, get a little sun and shut down might actually be the better solution.￼