Constipation in Children Home Remedy: In this video, we show you constipation in children home remedy – How to Deal with Constipation in Babies. Subscribe to our channel for more videos.
We all have issues with bowel movements every once in a while. But when pooping becomes highly irregular over a period of time, it’s a good sign of constipation. And the problem can be very frustrating if it’s happening to your child
Children may also show other symptoms like abdominal pain, change in posture, loss of appetite, nausea, changes in behavior and feeling sick in general.
1. High-Fiber Foods
The very first thing that you can do to heal constipation in children is to increase your child’s fiber intake.
You can include foods rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber in your child’s diet.
* Some good sources of soluble fiber are oranges, apples, carrots, barley, oatmeal, and flaxseeds.
* Some good sources of insoluble fiber are nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, unprocessed grains and dark leafy vegetables like kale or spinach.
2. Drinking water
Children tend not to think about drinking water in between playing, which can leave them dehydrated. Dehydration is one of the main causes of constipation in children.
Plain water or lukewarm water with a little juice can help your child stay hydrated. If your child does not like the taste of water, try flavored water, coconut water, fruit juice or vegetable juice.
3. Stomach Massage
A stomach massage is very effective for relief from constipation.
* Put some warm mustard oil or coconut oil on your child’s stomach.
* Gently massage in a clockwise direction for 5 minutes. Apply only very light pressure.
* Do several massages throughout the day, until your child has a bowel movement.
4. Warm Bath
A warm bath can soothe the tight muscles in the abdomen and ease bowel movements. It helps things move through the body more quickly and also brings relief from gas pain.
* Fill a tub with lukewarm water, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda and mix well. Let your child sit in this water for 15 to 20 minutes, a few times a week.
5. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are also helpful in healing constipation in kids.
* Dry roast 1 cup of fennel seeds. Grind them and sieve the mixture. Store the powder in a jar. Give a ½ teaspoon of this powder with warm water to your child daily.
Thanks for watching constipation in children home remedy – How to Deal with Constipation in Babies video and don’t forget to like, comment and share.