Use these home remedies to overcome the problem of Chapped Lips. There are more natural remedies for chapped lips at
When winter arrives, can chapped lips be far behind!
It all starts with dryness, followed by
though not in the same order.
Lips are prone to dryness because they do not have sebaceous and sweat glands. Thus, they tend to chap when they lose moisture due to:
• Dry, cold weather
• The habit of licking or peeling your lips
• Breathing through your mouth
• Toothpaste that contains ingredients that dry out your lips toothpaste containing sodium lauryl sulfate
Allergies, vitamin deficiencies, and certain medications and autoimmune diseases may also contribute to this problem.
Applying a lip balm or petroleum jelly is perhaps the most common remedy for chapped lips.
But a few natural home remedies, too, are effective.
Home Remedy 1
• Take 2 teaspoons of sugar.
• Mix 1 teaspoon of honey.
• Gently scrub your lips with it.
• Wait for a few minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water.
Make sure you are not allergic to honey.
Home Remedy 2
• Take a few rose petals.
• Wash them.
• Now, soak them in a little raw milk for a few hours.
• Finally, crush the rose petal to form a paste.
• Apply on your lips 2-3 times a day for 3-4 weeks.
Apart from healing, it helps you to keep lips beautifully pink.
Alternatively, you could apply a combination of rose water and a little honey or glycerin.
• Applying milk cream, clarified butter, coconut oil, castor oil, or pure lanolin can also help treat chapped lips. Avoid licking your lips repeatedly.
• Do not peel the dead dry skin from your lips.
• Eat foods rich in vitamin B Complex
• Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.