Get rid of cracked heels fast using natural home remedies like Vegetable Oil, Rice Flour, Indian Lilac (neem) leaves etc. There are several more natural remedies to heal cracked feet at
===== Follow us:=====
=== HOME REMEDIES FOR CRACKED HEELS ===
While a face without blemish is always desired by men and women alike heels are the last thing they would pay attention to. That is, until the heels develop cracks. The rims of your heels and the web of your toes are prone to thickening and cracking due to dryness. If left untreated, cracked heels can cause pain and may even bleed when the cracks become deep.
Heels crack because of
– Dry skin
– Atopic dermatitis
– Corns and calluses
– Standing on hard floors for long
– Wearing open-back footwear that does not provide support around the heels
– Excess weight
– Cold weather
If you notice cracked heels, do not rush to a dermatologist or a beautician. Try these simple home remedies first.
HOME REMEDY 1
– Soak your feet in soapy water and scrub with a pumice stone for 15 minutes.
– Dry your feet thoroughly.
– Now apply olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, or any other vegetable oil liberally on your heels.
– Wear socks and leave them on overnight.
Repeat this remedy for a few days to make your heels soft and smooth.
HOME REMEDY 2
Gentle exfoliation can be of great help. So, make a foot scrub. For this:
– Take a handful of coarse rice flour.
– Add a few teaspoons of honey and apple cider vinegar.
– Mix the ingredients to get a thick paste.
– Next, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
– Scrub and massage your heels with this mixture for about 5 minutes.
– Finally, wash your feet and apply oil or moisturizer.
HOME REMEDY 3
If your cracked heels become itchy and infected, then:
– Take a handful of neem leaves.
– Grind them along with 3 teaspoons of turmeric.
– Apply this on the affected areas.
If the results are not satisfactory, then seek medical advice.
– On a weekly basis, soak your feet in warm water mixed with lemon juice for 10-15 minutes.
– You could also mix the juice of a lemon in 1 teaspoon of a petroleum jelly and apply that on your cracked heels.
– Make sure you dry your feet thoroughly after washing them.
Once your heels heal, move on by putting your best foot forward.