Use these natural ayurvedic home remedies to get relief from Diarrhea (Diarrhoea). You can check various other natural remedies to treat Diarrhea at
== Diarrhea (Diarrhoea) Home Remedies ==
Who hasn’t suffered from diarrhea at least once, if not more, in their lives. It is quite a common ailment characterized by frequent, loose, watery stools.
Bouts of diarrhea could persist for 2-3 days. If not treated, it may stretch to a couple of weeks, resulting in dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
Among the most common reasons of diarrhea are
• Irritable bowel syndrome
• Intestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease, ulcerative colitis, etc.
• Viral or bacterial infections in the stomach due to intake of contaminated food or water.
• Intestinal parasites
• Food allergies or intolerance
• Certain medications
• Radiation therapy or chemotherapy
Apart from loose or watery stools, diarrhea may be accompanied by symptoms like:
• Abdominal cramping
• Loss of appetite
Instead of rushing to the chemist for over-the-counter drugs, try one of these simple home remedies. You’ll surely get relief.
Home Remedy 1
• Take 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
• Swallow these along with a tablespoon of yogurt.
Home Remedy 2
• Take 1 teaspoon of dry ginger powder.
• Add an equal amount of cumin powder, cinnamon powder and honey.
• Mix it properly to get a thick paste.
• Take this three times a day.
Home Remedy 3
• Take a glass of water.
• Mix 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in it.
• Take this twice a day until the condition improves.
• Drink plenty of water, light soups and juices, especially pomegranate juice.
• Take starchy liquids such as coconut water, rice water, and barley water. You can prepare an easy drink by adding a quarter cup of orange juice and a pinch of salt in a cup of coconut water.
• Gradually add boiled potatoes, plain rice, crackers, ripe bananas, and other soft, bland foods to your diet.
• Avoid milk. However, you can take buttermilk, yogurt and cheese.
• Stay away from high fiber, and fried, fatty foods for a few days.
Make sure you visit a doctor if your diarrhea:
• Continues for more than 3 days
• Causes dehydration
• Severe pain in the abdomen
• Or is accompanied by a fever