These 3 easy home remedies will help you to get shiny white teeth at home. Don’t forget to check several more methods to get rid of yellow teeth at
===== Follow us:=====
===== Home Remedies for Yellow Teeth =====
Pearl-white teeth could be anybody’s dream, especially of women. People normally have off-white to plain white teeth… depending on the colour of the dentin lying beneath the enamel.
However, tooth discoloration is widely prevalent among a large number of people… The stains do not affect the functioning of the teeth… but are likely to make a person self-conscious.
Strange as it may sound, things which people like the most… are things that have taken away the smiles of many….
Excessive intake of tea, coffee, wine, colas, even chocolates and acidic foods can cause staining… Heavy smoking is another.
Ageing as well as improper oral hygiene, too, can mar the beauty of your teeth.
A visit to the dentist could be an expensive affair. However, there are some time-tested home remedies to whiten and brighten up teeth.
Home Remedy 1
• Put a quarter teaspoon of baking soda or sodium bicarbonate in a cup.
• Add the quantity of toothpaste you want to use for brushing your teeth.
• Mix them to get a gritty paste and brush your teeth with it.
• Rinse with warm water.
• Try this once or twice a week.
But there is a piece of caution here! Do not use baking soda in excess, as being abrasive it can erode the enamel.
Additional tip: Occasionally, you can mix baking soda with lemon juice, salt, white vinegar or hydrogen peroxide. …Or make a mouthwash by mixing one tablespoon of baking soda and one and a half teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide in half a cup of water.
Home Remedy 2
• Take an orange rind or peel. Rinse it thoroughly.
• Rub your teeth with the inner white portion.
• Rinse your mouth.
• Repeat as desired… preferably, before retiring to bed at night.
Orange peel contains compounds that help remove superficial stains over a period of time. Unlike lemon peel, orange peel will not erode the tooth enamel as it does not contain citric acid.
Home Remedy 3
• Take crushed strawberries or tomatoes.
• Rub your teeth with the pulp.
Strawberry and tomato work as natural teeth whiteners. You can also try dried holy basil leaves for this purpose.