Home Remedies to Improve Memory
# Almonds –
1. Soak 5 to 10 almonds in water overnight.
2. The next morning, peel the skin and grind the almonds.
3. Boil this paste with one glass of milk.
4. Add some sugar or honey for taste.
5. Drink it daily for 30 or 40 days.
1. Steep one teaspoon of dried rosemary in a cup of boiling water for about five minutes. If you have fresh rosemary, steep a sprig in a teapot containing hot water for three to five minutes. Strain and add honey for taste, if desired. Drink it daily for a few weeks.
2.You can also breathe in the aroma of rosemary oil or add a few drops of the oil to a room diffuser.
# Black Seed (Nigella Sativa)
1. Mix a little honey in one-half teaspoon of ground black seeds. Eat it twice daily for at least a few weeks.
2. Alternatively, you can take this herb in supplement form after consulting your doctor.
# Indian Gooseberry –
1. Take one to three teaspoons of Anwala churna three times a day for at least a few weeks.
2. Another option is to mix one teaspoon each of Indian gooseberry root powder and white sesame seeds, ground into a powder. Add one teaspoon of honey to this mixture. Eat it once daily for a few days.
1. Consume one to two teaspoons of juice extracted from brahmi leaves two or three times a day. You can also add a little honey.
2. Alternatively, you can mix one-quarter to one-half teaspoon of brahmi powder in a cup of warm milk, add a pinch of cardamom and drink it once or twice daily. You can also add a little clarified butter, also called ghee.
3. Another option is to take this herb as a supplement by taking 300 mg of standard extract daily. Consult your doctor first.
# Fish Oil
1. Take fish oil supplements, containing at least 600 mg DHA, daily. For proper dosage and suitability, consult your doctor.
2. You can also include fatty fish like salmon, herring, mackerel and sardines in your diet.
# Coconut Oil
1.Eat one teaspoon of organic, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil twice daily on a regular basis.
2. You can also add coconut oil to your baking goods, salads and smoothies.
# Cinnamon and Honey
1. Mix a pinch of cinnamon in about one teaspoon of raw honey.
2. Consume this mixture daily at night for at least a few months.
# Asian Ginseng
Asian ginseng is traditionally used in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine as a memory enhancer. Scientists, too, are studying the memory-boosting potential of this herb. You can also use it in combination with ginkgo biloba.
Ginseng should not be taken for a prolonged period of time, but you can take it in cycles. You can take this herb for two or three weeks, take a break for three weeks and then start again. For proper dosage and suitability, consult your doctor.
Note: Asian ginseng may interfere with certain medications and is not recommended for children.
# Ginkgo Biloba
1. Eat a well-balanced and nutritious diet including vitamins A, B12, C, beta-carotene, folic acid, zinc, iron, calcium and magnesium.
2. Avoid high-fat diets and replace saturated fats in your diet with healthy fats.
3. Include herbs and spices like holy basil, turmeric and black pepper in your regular diet as they help boost memory. You can also drink green tea as it is full of antioxidants.
4. Give your brain a workout by practicing brain exercises, such as solving a challenging Sudoku puzzle or crossword.
5. Try mnemonic devices to help remember things better.
6. Engage in regular physical exercise as it increases oxygen to the brain and stimulates nerve cells to multiply.
7. Get proper sleep. Sleep deprivation compromises your brain’s ability to operate at full capacity.
8. A few minutes of sun exposure can also help improve brain function as it provides vitamin D.
9. Keep stress in check.
Note: Consult your doctor before taking ginkgo biloba as it may interfere with certain medications.
Music – Angevin – Thatched Villagers by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (