Sore Throat: What’s An Effective Home Remedy?
By Dr Willie Ong
1. Gargle with warm water and salt preparation. Mix one teaspoon (5 grams) of salt in 1 glass of warm water (8 ounces or 240 ml).
2. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of fluids in a day. Drink more water, tea or soup, as this will help loosen up the phlegm.
3. Take chicken soup. Studies have shown that chicken soup can help cure a bout of flu or colds.
4. You may drink caffeine-free tea or take in warm water with a little honey. These liquids are soothing to the throat.
5. You may try throat lozenges. However, do not children lozenges as they may choke on this.
6. If you have the budget, you can buy a humidifier which can moisten the air in your room. Dry air irritates the throat.
7. Rest your voice and rest your body. Get enough sleep.