Here are Top 3 natural home remedies to treat blackheads. There are 7 more natural remedies for blackheads at
The beauty of the face can be marred by several elements. Of these, blackheads, also known as comedones, top the list.
A comedo is caused by a combination of excess sebum and build-up of dirt and dead skin cells that clog the skin pores. These bumps are yellow or black, with a mass of skin debris covering the opening.
If left untreated, they spur acne breakouts.
Blackheads can be attributed to various reasons, including hormonal changes (more common in teenagers)
• excessive use of cosmetics
• improper skin care
• genetic factors
• environmental factors
Blackheads generally appear on the nose, forehead, chin, cheeks, or neck. They may also appear on other parts of the body.
Interestingly, these bumps appear dark not because of dirt but as a result of oxidization. This happens when the clogged pores are exposed to air.
You can get rid of your blackheads by using some simple home remedies. So, let’s get started.
Home Remedy 1
• Take some water, preferably mineral water.
• Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to make a paste.
• Apply it once or twice a week. Follow up with a light moisturizer.
Baking soda works as a gentle exfoliant.
Home Remedy 2
• Take 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
• Mix 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
• Apply on your face and wash off after 15 minutes.
Home Remedy 3
• Puree 4 tomatoes in a blender.
• Sieve the mixture to extract the juice.
• Add 1 teaspoon of honey and finely ground oatmeal in it, sufficient to form a smooth paste.
• Gently rub it over your skin.
• Leave on for 10 minutes and then wash off.
• Applying yogurt regularly also helps treat blackheads naturally.
• To soften and open the pores, take facial steam for a couple of minutes, once or twice a week.
• It is best to apply the remedies after steaming.