These natural home remedies will help you to get rid of yeast infection fast. Find more remedies at
===== Home Remedies for Yeast Infection =====
Nearly 75% of women across the world are prone to yeast infection… or Candida infection, named after the fungus that causes it.
This infection is quite common, particularly among women, because yeast is normally present in small amounts in the vagina.
The growth of yeast cells leads to infection which causes itching, burning or swelling in and around the affected area.
It can also occur as oral thrush or localized skin fold infection under breasts, lower abdomen, nail beds, and around dentures.
Yeast infection could develop due to factors such as:
• Use of antibiotics
• Weakened immune system
• Hormonal fluctuation, especially during pregnancy and after menopause
• Intake of oral contraceptives
• Endocrine disorders such as thyroid disorder and diabetes
Before you panic and rush to consult a doctor, try some natural and safe home remedies.
Home Remedy 1
Probiotics help rebuild the body’s defence mechanism against yeast. So eat generous quantity of yogurt every day, particularly in the morning. You can also dip a cotton ball in plain yogurt and apply on the affected area. Leave it overnight or for at least 20-30 minutes.
Home Remedy 2
• Rinse the affected area thoroughly… then apply coconut oil. This remedy can be used in the genital area, too.
• In case of oral thrush, swish the oil in your mouth for 5-10 minutes. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil or cinnamon oil and then use. Do not swallow. Do this at least three times a day.
Home Remedy 3
• Take a cup of warm water.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (organic apple cider vinegar should be murky brown in colour).
• Drink this solution twice a day.
• Yeast feeds on sugar. So, avoid having sugary foods and beverages, Avoid alcohol, too.
• Eat 2-3 garlic cloves a day. You can also apply crushed garlic wrapped in a gauze piece… or cheesecloth… on the affected area. But mind you, it is likely to cause burning sensation.
• Drink unsweetened cranberry juice.
• Wear breathable fabrics.